[R] Execute R with *.RData argument

Bio7 marcel.austenfeld at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Mar 27 15:19:35 CET 2008

$ R
> load("/home/user/workspace.RData")

or put that line in your .Rprofile -- see ?Startup.

(My guess is that you are used to the facility for drag-and-drop on Windows.
Also, please re-read 'An Introduction to R' for the supported command-line
arguments -- '-f' is supported but this is not what it does.)

That' s not exactly what i need because i externally execute the R
environment in a shell which then should automatically load a given *.RData
file.

It would be nice to have an argument for R which avoids the termination of R
when
using the R -e argument then i can programmatically open a shell with a
given file.

Anyway the .RProfile file could be an option for me.

Thank you for the help!