[R] Loading library lme4

Guy Forrester ForresterG at landcareresearch.co.nz
Thu Mar 27 00:57:37 CET 2008

Dear all,

I an running R on a Windows 2000 machine (1.5Gb RAM) and am trying to load the lme4 package, however, whenever I attempt to load the library "lme4" I get the following error message

I have installed lme4 and Matrix locally from the zip file with no problems.

R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
Copyright (C) 2008 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

##snip the blurb

> library(lme4)
Error in dyn.load(file, ...) :
  unable to load shared library 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-26~1.2/library/Matrix/libs/Matrix.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

Error: package 'Matrix' could not be loaded

I am using lme4 v0.99875-9 and Matrix v0.999375-7

Any pointers would be appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Guy J Forrester

Guy J Forrester
Biometrician
Manaaki Whenua - Landcare Research
PO Box 40,
Lincoln 7640,
New Zealand.
Tel. +64 3 321 9670
Fax +64 3 321 9998
E-mail ForresterG at LandcareResearch.co.nz
www.LandcareResearch.co.nz