[R] Latentnet Data Import

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:55:46 CET 2008

Try this. If the format varies you may need to modify it from below.  Replace
textConnection(rawLines) with the name of your file.  This extracts lines with
a = and rereads them using read.table with = as the separator.  It also
gets lines with a number that has spaces on both sides, deletes everything
to the ] and rereads them using read.table.

rawLines <- "
Network attributes:
  vertices = 3
  directed = TRUE
   hyper = FALSE
  loops = FALSE
  multiple = FALSE
   total edges= 3

 Vertex attribute names:
   group vertex.names

 edgelist matrix:
     [,1] [,2]
 [1,]     3    1
 [2,]    2    1
 [3, ]    3    2
"

Lines <- readLines(textConnection(rawLines))

Lines0 <- grep("=", Lines, value = TRUE)
attributes <- read.table(textConnection(Lines0), sep = "=", as.is = TRUE)

Lines1 <- sub(".*\\]", "", grep(" [0-9]+ ", Lines, value = TRUE))
edgelist <- read.table(textConnection(Lines1))