[R] adjusted means and adjusted standard errors after ANOVA

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Mar 26 16:14:54 CET 2008

Dear Burak,

Since two of the explanatory variables are quantitative, it is unusual to
call this a three-way ANOVA (as opposed to a dummy-variable regression or
analysis of covariance). I'd also think about fitting the model with lm()
rather than aov(), so that you can more easily see the regression
coefficients, and about whether you really want F-tests based on sequential
sums of squares.

In any event, you can get adjusted means and their standard errors from the
effects package.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor