[R] derivatives in R

Lavan rsumithran at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 01:00:04 CET 2008

Hi, I posted this message earlier in "Rmetrics" and I don't know whether I
posted in the wrong place, so I'm posting it again in Rhelp.

I have a function in x and y and let's call it f(x,y). I need to get the
Hessian matrix. i.e I need (d^2f/dx^2), (d^2f/dxdy), (d^2f/dydx),
(d^2f/dy^2).I can get these using the D function. now I need to evaluste the
hessian matrix for -5<x<5 and -2<y<2 and I also need to print the output.

I tried  using a for loop,but it is giving me an error.

Thanks