[R] Simple problem in R

Chaser zhang816 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 20:29:35 CET 2008

I found a package on www.bioconductor.com that allows me to install using
this line:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("MassSpecWavelet")

The prompt showed me the following message:

Running biocinstall version 2.1.10 with R version 2.6.2
Your version of R requires version 2.1 of Bioconductor.
trying URL
'http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.1/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/2.6/MassSpecWavelet_1.4.0.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 2129961 bytes (2.0 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 2.0 Mb

package 'MassSpecWavelet' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
        C:\Documents and Settings\Yuan\Local
Settings\Temp\RtmpIjgEwP\downloaded_packages
updating HTML package descriptions

In their help package, they have listed commands that will allow a sample
runthrough of their algorithm using a sample dataset.

I entered these codes in but was returned the following error messages:

data(exampleMS)
Warning message:
In data(exampleMS) : data set 'exampleMS' not found
> SNR.Th <- 3
> peakInfo <- peakDetectionCWT(exampleMS, SNR.Th=SNR.Th)
Error: could not find function "peakDetectionCWT"
> majorPeakInfo = peakInfo$majorPeakInfo
Error: object "peakInfo" not found
> peakIndex <- majorPeakInfo$peakIndex
Error: object "majorPeakInfo" not found
> plotPeak(exampleMS, peakIndex, main=paste('Identified peaks with SNR >',
> SNR.Th))

Did I make a mistake somewhere or is the code they wrote flawed?