[R] About R question

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat Mar 22 16:54:38 CET 2008

shuyan wu wrote:
>  Hi,
>   After I installed R in my computer, I have loaded package Faraway,

You probably mean package "faraway", but that should not be related to
the following problem.

> but when I want to plot, it will show errors like below:
>
> *> x<-c(1,2)
>> y<-c(3,4)
>> plot(x,y)
> Error in windows() : unable to start device devWindows*

Which version of R is this? And which operating system?
This very simple example should really work. Maybe try to reinstall R,
perhaps some files have not been copied correctly. Which CRAN mirror
have you downloaded R from?

Uwe Ligges