[R] I need help integrating ggplot2 into Excel

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 04:37:45 CET 2008

Create an R script,name it "Myggplot2" and place it on
your desktop.In excel open the vb editor and write
this code:
Sub Myggplot2()
'start R
Call rinterface.StartRServer
'Put the dataframe into R,assuming that your
'data is in sheet1 cells A1:D1
Call rinterface.PutDataframe("yourdataframename",
Range("Sheet1!A1:D" & Range("D1").End(xlDown).Row))
Call rinterface.RRun("attach(yourdataframename)")
'dataframe is attached,now run r script
rinterface.RRun "source(""C:/Documents and
Settings/Owner/Desktop/Myggplot2.r"")"
Call rinterface.StopRServer
End Sub

Running code from RExcel you must use print(myplot)at
the end of the code
good luck

> Dear all
>
> I use ggplot2 extensively for my plotting routines
> and rexcel  to have the
> best of two worlds. (RExcel v 1.75 and R (D)Com v.
> 2.5)
>
> I can run my ggplot functions, such as qplot(...),
> in scratchpad mode, but
> not in Macro nor Worksheet functions mode.
>
> I have tried the following in Macro mode:
>
> Call RInterface.RRun("library(ggplot2)")
> Call

RInterface.RRun("qplot(x=Hours,y=pH,data=ds,facets=Sample~.,geom=""line"",group=Cell)")