[R] Cygwin and Rtools

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Mar 20 01:23:21 CET 2008

I have just got a new machine and had a basic cygwin installed before it
was given to me. It didn't include make. Previously I have installed
Rtools to build packages and now I have got myself a bit confused as to
whether to just install make from the cygwin packages or to install
rtools. I would welcome any advice. I had a look at the rtools section in
the Administration Manual and the rtools site without gaining sufficient
enlightenment to proceed.

I am running Windows Vista and R 2.6.2

David Scott

David Scott	Department of Statistics, Tamaki Campus
 		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
 		Auckland 1142,    NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86830		Fax: +64 9 373 7000
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz

Graduate Officer, Department of Statistics
Director of Consulting, Department of Statistics