[R] Time Series Object

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:02:58 CET 2008

I have a time series object that is made up of readings at 15 minutes
for two years (this is why I am not posting data series).  I have made
this a time series with
y = ts(x, frequency=96)

ninety six is the number of 15minutes in a day.  I want to smooth this
series with

k = kernel("modified.daniell", #)
y.s = kernapply(y, k)

if I want to smooth it for  ~month windows do I use # = (30*96)/2 or 30/2
I will then take this and use

spectrum(y.s, log="no")

the peaks that are generated are now in days even thought it is
smoothed to monthly because the underlying points that the smoother is
applied to are grouped into 96reading/day?

If this doesn't make sense I can provide a month worth of data for you
guys to play with, but I didn't want to provide too large of a data
set as to the rules.

--
Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and

	-K. Mullis