[R] download.file()

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 18 17:38:14 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Prof Brian Ripley
<ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> /geodat *is* an absoute path!
>
>  The second argument of download.file is called 'destfile', so what makes
>  you think it is a desination *directory*?

The help file might be the source of confusion:

"destfile: A character string with the name where the downloaded file
is saved.  Tilde-expansion is performed."

...especially the word "where".  Better with "A character string
specifying the name [pathname?] of the saved file" is better.

/Henrik