[R] Table of basic descriptive statistics like SPSS

William Revelle lists at revelle.net
Tue Mar 18 12:02:43 CET 2008

At 7:05 PM +0100 3/17/08, ukoenig at med.uni-marburg.de wrote:
>Dear list readers,
>I want to:
>
>1. Get a table of basic descriptive statistics for my variables
>with the variable names one below the other
>like SPSS descriptive statistics:
>
>Varname N Min Max Mean SD
>xxxx    x  x  x    x   x
>xxx     x  x  x    x   x

Udo,
   To limit the number of columns of describe,  set   skew=FALSE

to delete variables from the description, do so in the call to describe

e.g.,
df <- as.data.frame(matrix( rnorm(1000), ncol=100))
describe(df[c(1:10,20:30)],skew=FALSE)
describe(df[-c(10:98)],range=FALSE,skew=FALSE)

to print the output  into LaTeX,  look at the the Sweave package.

Bill