[R] Gaining access to complex LAPACK functions

Rishi tornado921 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 11:29:15 CET 2008

Hello,

I am using R version 2.6.2 on Windows XP. I installed R using the installation file provided through one of the CRAN mirrors; I did not build it myself. as a result, the LAPACK functionality is limited. I'm trying to install a package that requires access to complex LAPACK functions that are not provided in the LAPACK library that is included in the basic installation of R; this is indicated by the developer of the package. However, as is suggested in many places on the net, the developer has not included the functions needed in the package itself, and the package depends on the prior availability of the required functions. Seeing as I've already installed R, is there a way to gain access to the FULL library of LAPACK functions? If not, would I be required to build my own working copy of R and somehow reference to the full LAPACK library? Thank you so much for your help.

Rishi Kothari
University of Connecticut (USA), student