[R] rgl build warnings and loading error on Linux

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Mon Mar 17 23:50:01 CET 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Liviu Andronic wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Charles C. Berry <cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu> wrote:
>>         emerge -pD R
>>
>>  to see what would get rebuilt. (This should rebuild out-of-date
>>  dependencies.)
>
> emerge -tvaD R proposes me to emerge all out-dated packages found on
> my system, from gimp to dbus (currently 292,146 kB). Do you think it
> is possible to simply emerge/pinpoint R's out-dated dependencies?  (I
> haven't yet found how to do this.)

Are you sure?! Perhaps you slipped in a '-N' without noticing?

On my Gentoo system, 'emerge -tvaD R' gives only the dependencies of R
even though there are other things needing to be rebuilt.

In any case, emerge -tvaD R should show you what dependencies of R will be
rebuilt.

But if it doesn't, dig into 'equery depgraph R'.

HTH,

Chuck

p.s. you really should 'emerge system' and 'emerge world' fairly often to
keep your system up to date. See

 	http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Maintain_Gentoo_-_%22Best_Practices%22