[R] legend: bold and color of border

Thomas Steiner finbref.2006 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 17:52:16 CET 2008

Hi Jim,

thank you very much for your answers!

>  > How do I write bold face in the legend - the function does not accept
>  > font=2 as argument?

>  par(font=2)

perfect, thanks.

>  > How do I plot a legend box with a background color, but not a border?
>  > Or, better: How do I specify the color of the legend-box-borderline?

>  before calling legend.
>  If you just want a label as in your example, it might be easier to use:
>
>  boxed.labels(strptime("01/02/02","%d/%m/%y"),1.5,
>   "Beeblebrox",bg="lightblue",border=FALSE,col="white")

unfortunately this does not work. In the new code on
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:EurUsd.png I included the
following:
#library("plotrix")
#boxed.labels(x=10800,y=1.5,labels="Beeblebrox",bg="steelblue",border=FALSE,col="white",font=2,cex=3,adj=0)

which gives a much too smal box.
Perhaps the boxsize is not adjusted if the "cex" argument is used for the text?

Have a nice weekend,
Thomas