[R] How to create following chart for visualizing multivariate time series

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Mar 15 15:57:45 CET 2008

Megh Dal <megh700004 at yahoo.com> wrote in
news:698510.72905.qm at web58105.mail.re3.yahoo.com:

> Let me take an artifical matrix :
>
>   dat = matrix(rnorm(200*200), 200, 200)
>
>   My goal is to visualize this matrix according to the procedure,
>   described in previous mails. I took Mendelssohn's advice and got
>   following advice :

It is unclear a) which emails, since you have been having an offlist
correspondence with Mendelssohn, and b) why Holtman's solution offered
two weeks ago is not satisfactory.

As a reminder, it was, with very slight modifications:

colkey <- colorRampPalette(c('red','blue'))(32)
levelplot(dat, colorkey=list(col=colkey),
   col.regions=(col=colkey))

If the problem has changed then perhaps a new posting with a subject
line that matches the question and content that is self-contained would
be more effective.

--
David Winsemius