[R] a more elegant way to get percentages?

Monica Pisica pisicandru at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:05:05 CET 2008

Hi everybody,

I am amazed how quick i got my answer ;-) I have to recognize that Gabor's code really puts to shame my skills in doing any programming in R. Is there any book or documentation which really explains in details all these neat tricks from {stats} like ave (i even didn't know this function existed), apply and all its friends (sapply, tapply, etc) ? To be honest it took me quite a while to come up with the "fancy" subscripting to get my persantages ;-))

thank you so much, i really appreciate your help,

Monica