[R] R Finance

davidr at rhotrading.com davidr at rhotrading.com
Thu Mar 13 14:18:47 CET 2008

I guess I would create a mapping table to convert between the symbols
from Bloomberg and from Yahoo.
You should be able to just create it once and add to it as new symbols
appear on your screens. Most of the symbols should be the same so you
could omit those. If it all has to be automated, you could use
RBloomberg to get the tickers from the ISINs in one call, but there may
still be other transformations needed, such as "XYZ/A" to "XYZA" or
whatever.
HTH,

David L. Reiner, PhD
Head Quant