[R] [follow-up] "Longitudinal" with binary covariates and outcome

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 12 16:03:59 CET 2008

Ted,

What you have can be rendered as a 2^5 (X1 by X2 by X3 by X4 by Y) table
of counts, right?

Why isn't this a vanilla log-linear modelling (as in loglin() ) problem?

It seems to me that the temporal aspect you describe suggests a sequence
of margins that could be studied, viz

 	list( 1:4, c(4,5) )
 	list( 1:4, c(3,5), c(4,5) )
 	list( 1:4, c(2,5), c(3,5), (4,5) )
 	list( 1:4, c(1,5, c(2,5), c(3,5), (4,5) )

(taking X1 is the first and Y as the last slice in the table)

and perhaps intercalating higher order effects involving slice 5 amongst
those.

??

Chuck