[R] persp question

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 04:37:30 CET 2008

<markleeds at verizon.net> wrote in
news:21684940.337761205260816591.JavaMail.root at vms229.mailsrvcs.net:

> someone sent in a question earlier about doing
> something in 3D so i took a stab at it purely
> for educational purposes ( i'm not even sure that I understood the
> question actually ).
>
> Unfortunately, persp gives me an error that I don't understand
> because it says "object y not found". I'm sending y in as a
> parameter to persp similar to what ?persp shows in one of oits
> examples so I must not be understanding something. the code is
> below. thanks.

I get a different error when I try to run your code, but I don't think
that matters. You are not sending persp(), x's and y's that meet its
requirements. See the help file for persp:

"Arguments
x, y       locations of grid lines at which the values in z are
measured. These must be in ascending order.  "

I do not think you have z's for each of your (x,y) pairs. And your
values are not increasing.

--
David Winsemius