[R] plot.zoo warnings - ignore or look for problem?

davidr at rhotrading.com davidr at rhotrading.com
Tue Mar 11 17:25:14 CET 2008

I'm getting warnings when I plot a zoo object:

> dts <- chron(rep("2007-09-10", 5), paste("00:0", 0:4, ":00", sep=""),
c("y-m-d", "h:m:s"))
> dat.zoo <- zoo(1:5, dts)
> plot(dat.zoo)
Warning messages:
1: In v[[perm[1]]] : partial match of 'm' to 'month'
2: In v[[perm[2]]] : partial match of 'd' to 'day'

The plot appears to be correct.

So, is this a warning I can ignore, or do I have something amiss?
> R.version
               _
platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status         Patched
major          2
minor          6.1
year           2008
month          01
day            06
svn rev        43890
language       R
version.string R version 2.6.1 Patched (2008-01-06 r43890)

I have v 1.4-2 of zoo, built for R v 2.7.0, but it doesn't say it
requires that version of R.
(I realize I am not up-to-date on the version, but running production
apps sometimes means we have to wait a bit to upgrade.)

David L. Reiner
Rho Trading Securities, LLC