[R] (no subject)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Mar 10 12:18:11 CET 2008

On 10/03/2008 6:50 AM, Alfons Sutter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to read a text file in R! I have a warning message:
>
> In read.table(file = "data1.txt", header = T) : uncompleted last line of readTableHeader in 'data1.txt'

R is warning you that the file may be incomplete. In Unix, text files
are supposed to always end with a newline.  Windows programs often omit
it on the last line.  So on Unix, R is probably right to warn you, but
it could well be a false positive if you're on Windows.

> Could you please tell me why? and how can I deal with missing value when I read this file?

How you deal with missing values really depends on what you want to do
with the data.  There's no general answer.

Duncan Murdoch