[R] Error

Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk
Fri Mar 7 15:11:21 CET 2008

> >> I need some help, because I don't know how this error means: Error:
> >> variables ?Output1?, ?Output2?, ?Output3?, ?Output4?, ?Output5? were
> >> specified with different types from the fit
> >> Execution halted

> I have two tables and I join them like this: tabela <-
> data.frame(dados.indep[1,], rank.freq)
>
> rank.freq is
>   Output1 Output2 Output3 Output4 Output5
> 1       1       2       3       4       5
>
> dados.indep[1,]
>  Input1 Input2 Input3 Input4 Input5 Input6
> 1      b      1      a      b     15     12
>
> tabela
>   Input1 Input2 Input3 Input4 Input5 Input6 Output1 Output2 Output3
Output4
> 1      b      1      a      b     15     12       1       2       3  4
>   Output5
> 1       5
>
> The error occour when I do:
> predict(arv, tabela)
> where arv is the model.

Okay, this is a bit better, but it's still not possible to reproduce
exactly what you are doing.  From what you've told me, all I can suggest
is:
1. That you read the help page for whichever version of predict you were
using (e.g. ?predict.lm)
2. See what types of input the model 'arv' needs.  Are they numeric?  How
many of them should there be?
3. Try traceback(), to see exactly where the error occured
4. Set options(error=recover), and type the code that causes the error
again.

Regards,
Richie.

Mathematical Sciences Unit