[R] Principle component analysis function

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Thu Mar 6 11:16:42 CET 2008

phthao05 wrote:
> Dear All,
> In a package, I want to use PCA function. The structure I used follow this
> page: http://www.statmethods.net/advstats/factor.html.
>        fit<-principle(mydata, nfactors=9, rotation=TRUE)
>    or:
>        result<-PCA(mydata)
>
> But I don't known why R language in my computer noticed: "not found
> principle", "not found PCA".
> I download and installed R-2.6.2-win32.exe.
> Thanks alot for answering me.
> Hue University, VietNam.
Hi,
The "principal" (note the spelling - do not let your spellchecker
convince you otherwise) function is in the "psych" package. You must
download and install this package in order to use the function.

The PCA function is in the "FactoMineR" package. same deal. See "An
Introduction to R" in your HTML R help if you don't know how to download
and install packages.

Jim