[R] R_alloc with structures with "flexible array members"

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Mar 6 02:35:09 CET 2008

Hi Ramon,

On 5 March 2008 at 22:00, Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:
| Yes, of course! You are right. What a silly mistake on my part! I was
| using a standalone program for development of functions, debugging,
| etc, of what is part of a package.

That's another good use for littler's r.  With a package foo, I just call

   $ r --package foo --eval 'print(summary(someFunctionIamTesting()))'

or in short form

   $ r -lfoo -e'print(summary(someFunctionIamTesting()))'

right after a rebuild of the package in question.  That way you get to keep
the package code in the package, and have a light-weight testing wrapper.

Rscript can do the same (with slightly different calling syntax), in case
'sudo apt-get install littler' won't work for you ;-)

Hth, Dirk