[R] Updating packages from one hard-drive to another, after upgrade of R

Bob Green bgreen at dyson.brisnet.org.au
Wed Mar 5 15:07:05 CET 2008

The CPU on my computer 'died' and I have had to purchase a new
computer. I have just installed v 2.6.2. My previous computer had v
2.5.1 and a large number of files in the library folder. These files
have been copied to a partition on my new hard drive, along with the
old R installation.

Can I just copy all the folders/files in the old library to the new
v2.6.2 library or do the packages need to be downloaded again? There
are quite a number of folders so it would be time-consuming to have
to do a fresh download.

Any assistance is appreciated,

Bob