[R] Ripley's K function within envelope--how to change the maximum distance?

Steve Markofsky s.markofsky at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 4 11:37:59 CET 2008

Hi--I'm trying to run a Ripley's K analysis on a point pattern within a window
of 1 square km.  The maximum distance I want to use is the diagonal of the
window, around 1400m, run in 50m increments.

The function defaults to a 250m maximum--I thought this was simply the way I had
plotted it, but when I exported the data there was nothing over 250m.

I've looked into seq and ginterval, and I think that seq may be my answer, but
I'm not exactly sure how to use it properly within the envelope function.
Here's two versions of the code I'm working with:

ERip<-envelope(EforRip,fun=Kest,correction=c("Ripley"),nsim=99,rank=1,transform=expression(sqrt(./pi)),global=TRUE)

ERip<-envelope(EforRip,fun=Kest,r=seq(0,1400,50),correction=c("Ripley"),nsim=99,rank=1,transform=expression(sqrt(./pi)),global=TRUE)

I think I'm missing something obvious, but couldn't find the solution.

Thanks very much--

Steve

Steve Markofsky
Institute of Archaeology