[R] simulation study using R [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Augusto.Sanabria at ga.gov.au Augusto.Sanabria at ga.gov.au
Tue Mar 4 02:24:00 CET 2008

Davood,

I developed an MC simulation model for wind
hazard analysis last year. I found three important
issues to increase efficiency:
1) Reuse most variables in each loop
2) Write results (1000 stats) to external files, perhaps
one file for each condition.
(a good ID for each file can be implemented using "paste")
3) Develop a function to process the results stored in
the external files. This is done once the simulation has finished.

Hope it helps,

Augusto

Augusto Sanabria. MSc, PhD.
Mathematical Modeller