[R] Newbie:Export Data into Excel from R

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 17:30:52 CET 2008

Keizer_71 <christophe.lo at gmail.com> wrote in
news:15788950.post at talk.nabble.com:

> All i want is to export my list into c: drive and save it as csv
> file and manually import into Excel.
>
> I have the read the article but i am having issues
> http://pbil.univ-lyon1.fr/library/base/html/write.table.html
>

>> excel<-write.table(probe_gene, file = "c:\foo.csv", sep = ",",
>> col.names = NA)
> Error in file(file, ifelse(append, "a", "w")) :
>
>         unable to open connection
> In addition: Warning message:
> cannot open file 'c:\foo.csv', reason 'Invalid argument'
>
> any suggestions?

One can use the file.choose() function  in place of a quoted file name. I
do so because it gets around the "\", "/", "\\" confusion in my brain,
... and it's faster.

R does not use solitary "\"'s in its filenames for directory separation.
It's the <escape> character for regular expressions, and R's development
in the *nix world trumped any need to be consistent with the dark side's
use of "\" as a directory separator. You can use single "/" as well as
"\\"

--
David Winsemius