[R] Accessing methods and extending S4 classes of existing packages

Johannes Huesing johannes at huesing.name
Sun Jun 29 16:50:32 CEST 2008

Johannes Huesing <johannes at huesing.name> [Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 08:13:27AM CEST]:
> Dear all,
> I am trying to understand how to access S4 methods after loading a
> package, using the online documentation of getMethod and friends.

I am just realizing that the lack of online documentation on S4 methods,
which was lamented so long, has apparently been filled by "How S4 Methods
Work" by John Chambers. So please hang on until I have read this piece
and will be able to ask more educated questions about that matter.

--
Johannes Hüsing               There is something fascinating about science.
                              One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture