[R] weighted inverse chi-square method for combining p-values

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Wed Jun 25 12:53:30 CEST 2008

Are you sure you want to use Fisher's method?

http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Working/perfmeasrandport.pdf
page 13 shows an example where Fisher's method
is not attractive, but Stouffer's method gives reasonable
results.  Weighting in Stouffer's method is straightforward.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696
http://www.burns-stat.com