[R] running R-code outside of R

Esmail Bonakdarian esmail.js at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 06:33:33 CEST 2008

Jim Porzak wrote:
> Roger,
>
> Following on to Spencer's comments, we have had some success using RWui
> http://rwui.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/
> to build web enabled versions of (non-interactive) R programs.
>
> Advantage is your users only need a browser. No exe to install. Downside is
> you need to have a web server accessible to your user base. We're using a
> very simple Tomcat setup within our firewall to provide access to canned R
> scripts.

Hi,

This sounds interesting, I have one question though (I quickly looked at
the page but didn't find an obvious answer)

Would the R script that is being run be hidden from the user, or would the
user be able to view/download/save the R source code - or could it be hidden
so they just run the code, but never see it?

Esmail