[R] heatmap and continuous variable

Hans-Ulrich Klein h.klein at uni-muenster.de
Tue Jun 24 22:51:18 CEST 2008

Dear All,

I want to plot a heat map with annotated columns. Both functions heatmap
(stats) and heatmap.2 (gplots) can plot a horizontal side bar that can
be used to visualize a categorical variable. In addition to a
categorical variable, I would like to visualize a continuous variable.
This could be done by small bars, a curve or simply numbers above the
columns. (The Sample names are already located at the bottom.)

Does someone have example code for this or a similar problem? Is this so
special that I have to get down to the lattice package?

Thank you,
Hans-Ulrich

--
Hans-Ulrich Klein
Department of Medical Informatics and Biomathematics