[R] Suppressing output (e.g. from cat)

Richard Pearson richard.pearson at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 12:33:19 CEST 2008

Is it possible to temporarily suspend output? I am using a function that gives lots of output using cat, that is not very informative. Is it possible to turn output off, run the function, then turn output back on again? I've looked at ?options and done various RSiteSearch()s but couldn't find a way to do this.

Many thanks,

Richard.

Richard D. Pearson             richard.pearson at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
School of Computer Science,    http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~pearsonr
University of Manchester,      Tel: +44 161 275 6178
Oxford Road,                   Mob: +44 7971 221181
Manchester M13 9PL, UK.        Fax: +44 161 275 6204