[R] One-to-one matching?

Alec.Zwart at csiro.au Alec.Zwart at csiro.au
Tue Jun 24 07:40:49 CEST 2008

My thanks to Gabor Grothendieck, Charles C. Berry and Moshe Olshansky
for their suggested solutions.

The upshot of which is that a nice one-line solution to my one-to-one
exact matching problem is the Grothendieck-Berry collaboration of

   match(make.unique(matchSample), make.unique(lookupTable))

I've settled on this particular solution as it appears to be the fastest
of the three possibilities given, although Moshe's solution comes a
close second :-)

Many thanks...

Alec