[R] Controlling the length of line with abline(lm())

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Mon Jun 23 22:43:09 CEST 2008

You can use the clipplot function in the TeachingDemos package to limit the range of the line (the 2nd example in the help page shows an example of 3 lines for 3 subgroups of data with each line limited to the x-range of the data).  There is also the clip function in the graphics package (no extra packages need to be installed), but it uses a different interface and getting it to work can be tricky sometimes.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center