[R] R vs. Bugs

Peter Muhlberg peter.muhlberger at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 08:30:07 CEST 2008

A naive question from a non-statistician:  I'm looking into running a
Bayesian analysis of a model with high dimensionality.  It's not a
standard model (the likelihood requires a lot of code to implement),
and I'm using a Linux machine.  Was wondering if someone
has any thoughts on what the advantages of OpenBugs are as
opposed to just R (or should I be thinking WinBUGS under Wine?)?  The
AMCMC package in R promises to run MCMC's very rapidly.  Have read
that OpenBugs as a project was 'stalling' in 2007.

Peter