[R] contour plot - line passing through z values

Jehol s.chamaille at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 19 18:51:23 CEST 2008

Dear all,
there is much in these forums about adding a line to a
contour/filled.contour plot, but I haven't found hints for the following. I
apologize in advance if I just missed the right one.

I'm having a standard filled.contour plot to which I want to add a line
passing through some specific z-values at some specific x, without knowing
the y coordinates. There should be a way of getting these coordinates
(within the accuracy defined by nlevels in the initial filled.contour) but
I'm not sure how to do that, particularly as filled.contour does not return
any values.

If anyone's got any idea...please help.

Many thanks
Jehol