[R] R web site-Useability & finding varous bits of documentation

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 19 18:24:53 CEST 2008

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, John Kane wrote:

> I was starting to write a note to a prospective R-user and came to the point of explaining how to get useful introductory information on R.
>
> After mentioning the Into and the FAQs I went on to try to explain how to use a lot of the contributed information.
>
> However I realised that there seems to be no direct way to get to Other Publications or Contributed Documenation.
>
> The best I have seen is to get to Books and then click on  "other publications" which take one to "Publications related to R" or go to "other" (main page)  and then click on "Contributed Documentation"
> which takes one to "Contributed Documentation"  This seems less than optimal.
>
> Am I missing some more direct ways to get to "Publications related to R"
> and "Contributed Documentation"?  I remember blundering around the site
> for some time (days in elapsed time?) before I managed to find these
> documents.

Look at the page source for

 	http://www.r-project.org/navbar.html

or

 	http://cran.r-project.org/navbar.html

and you will see the href URLs.

Or if you use Firefox, right click on the link, select 'copy link
location', and paste the result into your explanation or paste it into
your location window and then bookmark it.

HTH,

Chuck