[R] Editor for Mac OSX

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 20:26:16 CEST 2008

One more advantage of TextMate is support for Sweave files. You can
have a Sweave file open, and the LaTeX parts of it are syntax colored
according to LaTeX and one can use all the facilities of the LaTeX
extension (bundle) in LaTeX (which probably has some things similar
to AucTeX, has a number of other features and perhaps misses some
features, I'm not too familiar with AucTeX to do a definitive
comparison), while on the other hand the R parts are colored
according to the R syntax and one can use all the goodies of the R
bundles that Hans-Jörg describes below.

It does have the disadvantage of not being free, but personally it's
the best $60 I've ever spent. There's a 30-day fully functional free
trial period.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College