[R] Plot point patterns

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Jun 18 14:40:42 CEST 2008

Vanesa Maria Santos Sanchez <vanesa.santossanchez <at> alum.uca.es> writes:

> Hello!
> I want to plot a multitype point pattern called "new" in package
> spatstat. When I write plot(new) in the graphic window I can see a
> strech rectangle with a point inside, not the point pattern.If I
> write plot(new$x,new$y) the point pattern is plot ok.The problem
> is that I want do the density plots, quadrat count, etc and in
> these cases I can´t write density(new$x,new$y), I must do it only
> whith the name of the point pattern.
> What is the problem?

You may prefer to move this to the R-sig-geo list, where there are more
people in this topical area.

The first thing to do is to try to write an example that reproduces your
problem with a data set provided with spatstat. It isn't easy to
"look over your shoulder", so without an example, you may not get any
good help. Make sure that the example is short and self-contained.
If you need to use your own data, make the smallest possible subset
available on a website. The indications are that your point pattern object
(ppp) is malformed, because if it had been constructed correctly, you would
see the points.

Roger