[R] Capturing coxph warnings and errors

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Wed Jun 18 14:35:44 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have enclosed the data load("coxtest.rdata") to get it into R.  Here
is the command line to produce the error

coxph(Surv(RecFollowUpTime,Rec)~values,data=test)

As you can see the values are almost all the same value, which is
probably causing the problem.

Dan

Terry Therneau wrote:
> Error in fitter(X, Y, strats, offset, init, control, weights = weights,  :
>   NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 6)
> In addition: Warning message:
> In fitter(X, Y, strats, offset, init, control, weights = weights,  :
>   Ran out of iterations and did not converge
>
> -------
>
>   The warning message could be ignored.  However, I am very interested in the
> error message; it is one I have not seen before.  If you could recreate the data
> set that produces it and send it to be that would be useful.
>
>   	Terry Therneau
>   	(author of coxph)

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.