[R] Superimposing Line over Histogram in Density Plot

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Mon Jun 16 23:20:42 CEST 2008

I do it a bit differently:
Once you've got myhist, you can plot a line on the existing histogram
plot with something like:

You'll have to muck a bit with scale factors to make the spline curve
"match up" with the histogram plot's actual x-axis values.
(actually, that snippet is part of my conversion from histogram data to
a bar chart that "looks" like a histogram, with the spline curve overlaid).

try something like this:

x <- rnorm(200)
hist(x, col = "blue", freq = FALSE)
lines(density(x), col = "red", lwd = 2)