[R] ggplot2: How to remove legend component for geom_errorbar() ?

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 16:49:15 CEST 2008

Hi Carsten,

In my eagerness to get every component of the legend working
automatically, I've completed neglected a way to turn bits off of you
don't want them (the philosophy is that every geom that uses an
aesthetic should appear in the legend in some way).  The best thing I
can suggest at the moment is:

GeomErrorbar$guide_geom <- function(.) "point"

to use points for the errorbar legend, which you won't see because
they'll overlap with the points from the points geom.  In the next
version, you'll be able to do

GeomLine$guide_geom <- function(.) "blank"

Or I might come up with a better way of controlling the appearance.

Regards,

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/