[R] MCA in R

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 13 14:13:06 CEST 2008

Although John Fox naturally mentions his Anova function, I would like to
point out that drop1() (and MASS::dropterm) also does the tests of Type-II
ANOVA of which John says 'more tediously do these tests directly'.

It seems a lot easier to teach newcomers about drop1() than to introduce
the SAS terminology and then say (to quote ?Anova)

   'the definitions used here do not correspond precisely to those
    employed by SAS'

(I would welcome a description of the precise differences on the Anova
help page.)