[R] Matrix transformation problem

Dimitris Rizopoulos dimitris.rizopoulos at med.kuleuven.be
Wed Jun 11 11:21:35 CEST 2008

sorry, my previous answer was not correct; you need:

x <- matrix(c(1,0,0, 0,0,1, 0,1,0, 0,0,1, 0,1,0, 1,0,0),
    ncol = 3, byrow = TRUE)
which(t(x == 1), arr.ind = TRUE)[, "row", drop = FALSE]

Best,
Dimitris

----
Dimitris Rizopoulos
Biostatistical Centre
School of Public Health
Catholic University of Leuven

Address: Kapucijnenvoer 35, Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32/(0)16/336899
Fax: +32/(0)16/337015
Web: http://med.kuleuven.be/biostat/
     http://www.student.kuleuven.be/~m0390867/dimitris.htm