[R] difference between nlm and nlminb

DavidM.UK david.merritt at bris.ac.uk
Wed Jun 11 10:16:10 CEST 2008

I believe nlminb() performs *constrained* optimization, where as nlm() is for
*unconstrained* opimization

So I guess nlm() is for solving min(f[a,b]), and nlminb() min(f[a,b]) given
a+b <= c

FYI I think optim() also does constrained optimization, well I've used for
min(f[a,b]) given a <= a* and b <= b*.

David