[R] Probs with paste

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 20:54:31 CEST 2008

I have to say it is not clear at all what you expected. risk.factors
[1] is the character vector "file$A". You ask it to do a paste of
that, so of course it will just return itself. Then you do a table,
and naturally it tells you that it found "file$A" exactly once.

So what you have forgotten to tell us (apart from what your overall
goal with this is, which might be helpful in this case) is what
output you expected instead.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College