[R] Java to R interface

madhura madhura.girish at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:52:28 CEST 2008

I am developing an application that uses Eclipse framework on Windows.
I have to call R from Java.  I downloaded rJava package and installed
it.  I set the classpath in the Run Dialog in Eclipse to the directory
where the JRI.jar is.  I set the Path environmental variable to the
directory where R.dll and jri.dll are.  Yet when I run the rtest
example (in jri/examples directory), I get the following error.

Cannot find JRI native library!
Please make sure that the JRI native library is in a directory listed
in java.library.path.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jri in java.library.path
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
	at org.rosuda.JRI.Rengine.<clinit>(Rengine.java:9)
	at sample.rtest.main(rtest.java:54)

I think I have put jri.jar in all the places that i need to.  Yet I am
unable to get the program to work.  Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Madhura