[R] Lattice + Word: Changing .wmf files to .pdf files

Soukup, Mat Mat.Soukup at fda.hhs.gov
Thu Jun 5 15:56:54 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I'm by no means an expert on anything related to M$ products... However
I was recently forced (reluctantly at that) to put together a PPT
presentation which included multiple R graphics. So I thought I'd share
what I found to produce decent looking graphics.

I created all the graphics from R as PDF files making sure to size them
accordingly by using the height and width arguments in the pdf function.
I would then open the graphics with Acrobat Professional and use the
snapshot tool (camera icon) to copy the image. This image was then
easily pasted into PPT (or Word in your case) which looked quite well.
At least this seemed to work out all right on my Windows XP PC.

Hope this helps,

-Mat